One of the most important decisions you will have to make a pet rabbit owner is choosing the cage or hutch for your bunny.
While this may sound like a simple choice on the surface, your rabbit’s comfort and safety depend on this decision and, ultimately, a good cage or hutch is a solid foundation for a lasting bond between you and your pet rabbit.
So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best rabbit cages and hutches on the market.
62 Inch Confidence Pet Rabbit Hutch
- Suitable for rabbits, ferrets, and guinea pigs
- Furniture-grade wood with waterproof antifungal finish
- Double-level hutch
The first item on our list is a beautiful, wooden hutch with an impressive length of 62 inches. The size alone is enough to get you interested in this rabbit hutch but that is not all. In addition to ample space where your furry friends can play, Confidence Pet Rabbit Hutch comes with two levels and a ramp that connects them.
The design of the hutch is stylish, with wooden edges to give it a sophisticated look. The hutch is made of furniture grade wood and comes with a waterproof coating with antifungal properties. That means that this hutch has the quality to sustain harsh weather conditions.
While it is mainly designed for outdoor use, if you have enough space you can keep it indoors as well. However, the asphalt roof that provides protection from the elements is a clear sign that this hutch is supposed to be used outdoors.
Heavy-duty steel wires that surround the hutch guarantee safety for your rabbit, along with wooden latches you can use to lock the hutch.
- Spacious, 62-inches hutch
- Made of furniture-grade wood and heavy-duty steel
- Two levels
- Beautiful design
Pawhut Deluxe Large Wooden Bunny Rabbit Hutch
- Front of living area and run opens for easy access to pets
- Run area provides open feeling for pets
- Multiple ramps allow animal's entry to inner box
This is another outdoor rabbit hutch we really like. It is even larger than the previous entry on our list because it is 91 inches long, which is more than enough room for multiple rabbits and accessories to keep the rabbits entertained.
This hutch comes with two levels. In the upper level you can find a house for our bunnies while the lower level provides space for the litter box and other accessories, as well as running area. The hutch is covered with a durable wire mesh to provide safety for your rabbit.
There are two access doors on this hutch that allow you to have access both to the upper and lower level. Levels are also connected with multiple ramps so your bunny can easily go from the open running area to the house.
The hutch is well-designed and looks like a small, cozy home. It is good for rabbits but it can also be used as a chicken coop.
- 91 inches long
- Two levels
- Can house multiple rabbits
- Two access doors
- Stylish design
Ferplast Krolik 140 Plus Rabbit Cage
- Perfect Rabbit Cage Starter Kit w/ Wood Hutch Extension | Rabbit cage includes large...
- Extra-Extra-Large Living Space | Rabbit cage measures 55.9L x 23.62W x 19.7H inches &...
- Easy Maintenance Rabbit Cage | Krolik features a 5.5" deep base to contain litter &...
This is one of the best indoor cages for rabbits you can find on the market. It comes with plenty of open space since it is 55 inches long. This includes a sleeping extension, which is basically a small, wooden house where your rabbits can nest and sleep.
This cage comes fully disassembled, so you will have to do the assembling on your own. However, that can also be a great plus since it is completely portable. You can disassemble it and take it with you wherever you want before you assemble it again. Besides, most of the hutches require assembling anyway.
The design of this cage may not be the most beautiful out there, although the small wooden house does look nice. However, the design is extremely practical because it allows for easy access thanks to the wide front door that otherwise serves as a cage wall.
If you decide to get this cage, you will also receive a drinking bottle and hay feeder.
- 55 inches long
- Easy access due to the wide front door
- Comes with a sleeping extension
- Comes with a drinking bottle and hay feeder
Living World Deluxe Habitat
- Habitat that provides everything you need for safely housing a small animal such as a...
- Small animal cage is designed with an upper wire frame and a plastic bottom base,...
- Includes a balcony with access ramp and small animal hideout, tip proof small animal...
This is another indoor cage but a rather unique one since it comes with a hybrid design because it is made out of different materials. It has an upper wire frame, where the access point is located in the form of the wide door, and a plastic base at the bottom. This combination is both practical and beautiful and works really well for this cage.
This habitat is 30 inches long, although you can get it in three different sizes. The 30-inch cage is standard size but there is also large and extra-large if you have multiple rabbits. The large one is 38 inches long, while the extra-large is 46 inches long.
The cage equipped with a balcony ramp that gives your rabbit a point of elevation. This can give your bunny a more versatile living environment so he won’t get bored with his habitat easily. It also comes with a food dish and a water bottle.
- 30 inches long but available in two other sizes
- Hybrid design
- Equipped with a balcony ramp
- Easy access due to the wide door
- Comes with a food dish and water bottle
Midwest Deluxe Critter Nation
- Includes two pans, two adjustable shelves, three plastic ramps with covers & easily...
- Full-width double doors on Critter Nation small animal cage and removeable shelf...
- Critter Nation's wide expanse shelves & full width leak-proof pans provide maximized...
This cage is constructed with a strong, square-tube frame and a durable wire metal. It is meant for indoor use and it is a bit different in design from all the other cages and hutches on our list. However, it still looks attractive enough and can fit in well with any décor.
The cage consists of two platforms connected with ramp ladder to allow your rabbit to move between the levels. It also comes with a stand with wheels to allow you to easily move the cage around the house when necessary. This stand can also come in hand to store food, litter and other accessories.
The shelves come with three height adjustments, so you can have a lot of control about the way you want the cage to look. This gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to accessorizing. The shelves are removable and allow you to easily clean the cage. Another easy access point comes at the full-width double doors.
The cage is 36 inches long, 25 inches wide and 63 inches high. This provides more than enough room for one or two rabbits.
- Can house 1-2 rabbits
- Adjustable features
- Made of durable materials
- Easy to assemble
- Multiple access points
- Removable shelves for easy cleaning
Petsfit Wood Rabbit Cage
- Large enough for 1-2 rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and other small animals and no...
- The tray is deeper than before and won’t leak off. Any problem with removable tray,...
- Made of solid wood is not recommended to chewer and is good for indoor and no rain...
This is one of our favorite rabbit cages when it comes to design. It looks truly breathtaking and even though it can be used outdoors, it can also fit any décor if you want to keep it indoors. The white finish on the solid wood gives it a unique look. You can even choose the color of the enclosed sleeping area since it comes in both grey and red.
The cage is 38 inches long and 20 inches wide, which means it is big enough for one or two rabbits. That’s plenty of room for them to be comfortable but still the cage is not too large to disrupt the look of your living room.
The access point is designed on the top with a pneumatic roof you can lift with ease whenever you need to. This cage also has a unique feature – a sliding bottom tray that you can take out and clean quickly. However, you should be careful not to spill anything when you try to remove the tray.
Although you will have to do the assembling yourself, the cage comes with pre-drilled holes to make the process as simple as possible.
- 38 inches long
- Beautiful, solid wood design
- Easy access provided by the top opening roof
- Removable bottom tray
Advantek Stilt House Rabbit Hutch
- Stilted nesting box and outdoor enclosure gives rabbits safe and comfortable outdoor...
- Beautiful auburn & white color looks good in any setting. Connected run surrounded in...
- Includes a pull out tray for easy cleaning and access door to outside area
This is a simple rabbit hutch but it has all that is necessary for your bunny to be happy. It is a two-story hutch with plenty of ground space and an enclosure located on the second floor. This stilted house or nest box provides protection from the elements and comfort for sleeping or nesting.
While the hutch itself is not that long since it is only 25 inches long, it is wide enough to provide enough space for two rabbits. However, the main advantage of this hutch is durability because most of it is made from high-quality fir. This durable wood is resistant to rot and insists.
Keep in mind that the wire mesh is a bit softer compared to most of the other hutches and if your rabbit is a chewer it may be necessary to check it out from time to time for holes.
The design of the hutch is up to par with the rest of the cages and hutches on our list. The sleeping and nesting enclosure is particularly stylish and well-designed. The hutch also includes a pull-out tray and large access door.
- 25 inches long, 48 inches wide
- Made out of durable fir wood
- Two levels
- Easy Access
- Pull-out tray
SmithBuilt Crates Rabbit Hutch
- Premium, weatherproof materials: Constructed of durable fir wood specially treated to...
- Separate sleeping & living areas: Providing plenty of room to roam, this spacious...
- Multiple doors & access points: Hinged roof with locking arms opens from above and...
This is another hutch made out of durable fir wood. The wood has also been treated to resist the elements like rain and snow but it is also pest-resistant. However, this hutch would also look good indoors, if you have the room for it since it is 48 inches long.
Wire sections of the hutch are coated to be resistant to rust, fade and corrosion. The roof is made of asphalt to provide your bunny with the necessary protection from the elements and predators. It is also the access point for this cage, and a very comfortable one since it can be fully opened. However, it is not the only access point since you can access the hutch using the small front door as well.
This hutch has two levels, with separate sleeping and running area. There is enough room for your rabbits to roam. They can also use a slip-proof ramp to move between the levels. This hutch also comes with a removable sliding pan that allows you to clean it easily.
In addition to all this, SmithBuilt Crates Rabbit Hutch has a simple, but elegant design.
- 48 inches long
- Build out of durable fir wood resistant to elements and pests
- Wire parts resistant to rust and corrosion
- Multiple access points
- Two levels
- Removable sliding pan
Purlove Pet Rabbit Hutch Wooden House
- Novel style, combination of auburn and white color, a view of your courtyard
- Nesting box and outdoor enclosure gives rabbits safe and comfortable outdoor home
- Made of Fir wood and wire mesh for strength and durability, Waterproof roof for extra...
This is a large hutch ideal for multiple rabbits. It is 63 inches long and has two levels where your rabbits can hop around and sleep. The combination of a nesting house and outdoor enclosure provides rabbits with a safe, comfortable and varied living environment.
The Cottage-Style design is attractive and interesting. The hutch is made out of strong and durable fir wood and strong mesh. The grey and white finishing gives the wood a classy look, so this hutch will certainly fit well into any backyard. The asphalt room is also there to provide protection from the elements.
The hutch comes with 3 built-in sliding trays that allow you to clean it with ease. It also has 3 doors that provide you with multiple easy access points.
- 63 inches long
- Two levels, separate living and sleeping areas
- Cottage-Style design
- 3 removable sliding trays
- 3 easy access points
Trixie Rabbit Hutch with Outdoor Run
- 2 story hutch with upper retreat area divided by sliding door
- Attached run opens from above for easy access
- Hinged roof with locking arm opens on one side
This is a small hutch that is more suitable for the indoors, although it can also be used outdoors as well if you don’t mind it sitting directly on the ground. The hutch is 30 inches long and 21 inches wide, which is spacious enough for one or two smaller rabbits.
This Trixie Rabbit Hutch comes with separate living and nesting areas. The nesting area is on the second floor. It is well-designed and covered with a roof to protect your bunny from the elements. The hutch itself is made out of high-quality wood and strong mesh.
This hutch has a built-in ramp to allow your rabbit to move between the levels with ease. It comes with 2 doors that provide easy access and attached roof panels which can also be opened and used to access the hutch. This hutch also comes with a pull-out tray that ensures easy cleaning.
- 30 inches long
- Separate living and nesting areas
- Built-in ramp
- Easy access via 2 doors and roof
- Removable pull-out tray
What accessories can I get for my rabbit? Rabbit toys, cardboard boxes with holes in and paper rolls stuffed with hay are all great accessories that your rabbit will love. Make sure you don’t give your rabbit anything that can make them ill when eaten.
Do rabbits need exercise? Rabbits need a lot of exercise. Rabbits in the wild are very active and almost always on the move. On average they run about 3 miles a day. Pet rabbits also need a lot of exercise per day.
How big should my rabbit cage be? The minimum size your rabbit’s cage should be is 12 square feet and their exercise run needs to be an additional 32 square feet.